Emergency Management Boundary FAQs

Will there be any changes to our Civil Defence service?

Cork City Civil Defence will support community activities and provide assistance to the community and principal response agencies in emergency situations in the extended city area from the 31st of May 2019.

What if I need to ring the Fire Brigade? Will I ring City or County?

Contact numbers for Fire Services remain unchanged. If you need the fire service, ring 999/112. Ballincollig Fire Station is transferring to Cork City Fire Brigade.

What about Fire Safety?

Fire safety certificate applications and planning applications in the extended city will be undertaken by Cork City Council as of May 31 2019. Premises in the extended area will have to apply to Cork City Council for the annual licensing court around fire prevention and inspection.

Who do I contact with Building Control queries in the transition area?

The Building Control Section is responsible for the enforcement of the Building Regulations in Cork City. It will take on the transfer area after May 31st 2019.  Building Control looks after building control oversight including Commencement Notices, Certificates of Compliance on Completion, Disability Access Certificates and also has functions around dangerous structures. For more information please contact buildingcontrol@corkcity.ie