(i) Grant Application
- The grant application must be from a local sporting organisation or club.
- Membership of the club or organisation must not be subject to restrictions and/or conditions.
- The grant applicant must be located within the City Boundary or provide evidence that the majority of those using the facility live within the City area as of 1st January 2022.
- The grant application form must be completed in full along with supporting estimates/quotations attached.
- The applicant must have title to the property which they are enhancing, have a license or lease greater than seven years, or provide a letter of comfort from the landlord in relation to title.
(ii) Proposed Works
- Demonstrate that the proposed works meet a sporting need in the area and are of a capital nature;
- Provide costings and timeline for project;
- Show evidence of expenditure - receipts/invoices must be retained and will need to be provided to Cork City Council when requested;
- Ensure that the information supplied by the applicant group/club is accurate and complete.
- All buildings must be covered by a fire insurance policy, which fully indemnifies Cork City Council.
- Applicants will be required to indemnify the Council against all and any claims arising from its involvement with the works.
- Applicants should have appropriate Public Liability Insurance and, where necessary, Employers Liability Insurance and should ensure that any Contractor employed by them has an adequate level of cover.
- While the Council does not require copies of these insurances, this does not exempt the firms or applicants from their insurance requirements, nor does it exempt the Fund recipients from their responsibility to ensure the works and groups/firms carrying out the works are adequately insured.
(iv) Other Conditions
- Provide evidence of any other funding, evidence of own funding, and copy of previous two years club accounts.
- Undertake to refund Cork City Council for any grant given if the facility changes use or ceases to operate.
- An acknowledgement sign will be required to be erected where appropriate
- Inspections by Cork City Council of works/equipment funded by this scheme must be facilitated by recipients
- Any subsequent changes to the proposal (from what was described in the original application) must be agreed in writing with the Council in advance of work commencing. Failure to do so may jeopardise the payment of the Council’s contribution.
- Successful applicants may not drawdown the current year’s grant allocation if an awarded allocation from the previous year remains undrawn.
- A maximum of one grant only will be provided to each qualifying club or organisation but if the juvenile or ladies side of the club is completely separate then a separate grant would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All grants must be drawn down within twelve months of the date on which the Council notifies successful applicants of their allocation.
Freedom of Information:
Please note that information supplied in or accompanying this application may be made available under the Freedom of Information Act 2014.
It is understood that your Organisation/Club does not deny access on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, or membership of the Traveling Community without just, reasonable and proper cause.
It is understood that your Organisation/Club has proper child protection and welfare policies and procedures in place.
Cork City Council is committed to fulfilling its obligations imposed by the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 and the GDPR. Our privacy statement and data protections policy is available at https://www.corkcity.ie/en/council-services/public-info/gdpr
. We request that you read these as they contain important information about how we process personal data.
The application form is detailed and is designed to ensure that we have the necessary information to evaluate each proposal accurately and fairly. Please ensure that you complete the application form in full and that any documentation in support of your application is submitted with your application.
Only projects that meet the criteria outlined above will be considered eligible.