Cork City Council are responsible for the maintenance of approx 14,500 public lights across the city. Public lights are important for ensuring road safety at night and enhancing the public realm of the city. The maintenance of public lights is currently undertaken by Airtricity Utility Solutions on behalf of Cork City Council. Every street light is checked for faults during a fortnightly night-time patrol. Standard faults are repaired within 5 working days while non standard repairs may take longer.
Report faulty/out of order streetlight
If you wish to report a light out of order in your area there are a number of options:
Log the fault online here:
- Contact SSE Airtricity Solutions 1800-372-772 Mon - Sat 8am to 8pm
- City Council Roads & Transport Division 021-4924189/4758
- Email fault details to email@example.com
Info needed to log a fault
- Street on which the light is located
- Pole number, building number, any other landmark information
- Fault description: eg no lighting, light on during day, twisted bracket etc.
ESB Networks operate a call save 1850 372 999 number for emergencies / electricity interruptions or to report emergency situations such as fallen power lines etc. ESB Networks will not respond to non - emergency fault reports such as street lights out of order or foliage blocking street lights.
If your query relates to lights that have not been turned on in a new housing estate or lights in an estate that has not been taken in charge by Cork City Council please note that this is a matter for the developer of the estate and your query should be directed to them.