St Peter's Cork
|Address:||North Main Street|
Open 10am to 5pm
The history of St. Peter’s Church dates back to 1270 when King Henry III granted patronage of the church to the Bishop of Cork. St. Peter’s church was deconsecrated in 1949 and since then has developed into a visitor centre celebrating Cork’s heritage and culture. The building remained dilapidated until 1988 when Cork City Council took on the task of restoring this historic building as a public cultural facility.
In 2016, the facility management company L.W. Management were awarded the management contract for St. Peter’s to be operated as a public heritage and arts visitor space in Cork City Centre. The current exhibitions and secret garden all help to tell the tale of the fabulous history of Cork.
A guided tour of St. Peter's Cork will take place at 12noon. No booking required.
Historian Gerry White will give a talk at 3pm on the exhibition "The Changing of the Guard: The Evacuation and Occupation of Victoria Barracks, Cork, 18 May 1922"