Cork City Council Boundary Extension 2019
On June 1, Cork City will grow to nearly five times its current size taking in areas including Douglas, Rochestown, Ballincollig, Blarney and Glanmire. As part of this planned expansion, the population of the city will grow by 85,000 to 210,000.
The increase in size of the City will allow Cork City Council to take a take a lead role in driving the growth of the city and metropolitan region – driving improvements in investment, public transport, infrastructure and housing.
Staff at Cork City Council are working with Cork County Council to ensure that the transition of public services is as efficient and as seamless as possible. With time, a bigger Cork City will also provide us with scope to further improve and expand our services to the public.
For queries in relation to the Cork City Boundary Extension, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This map depicts, at a high level, the extent of the boundary extension and identifies some of the key population centres which will be transferring from the County to the City in June 2019.
In addition Cork City Council is making available an interactive online map which allows residents, businesses and communities to confirm whether you will be living and/or working in the soon-to be expanded Cork City.
Users can click on the map image below and then insert their Eircode or postal address to search for their property.
The interactive map shows you:
- which ward or local electoral area (LEA) you will be voting in in the upcoming local elections
- the number of councillors to be elected in each LEA
- the population of each LEA
Tips for using the interactive map
- Use the down arrow on the left hand side of the search function to select either an Eircode or address.
- Please use the correct Eircode format, including a space between the first three and last four characters.
- More detailed information on how to use the mapping system can be obtained by clicking the information icon
- Further layers are included which show the progressive expansion of Cork City since 1840. These are turned off by default but can be activated by using the layers tool on the toolbar at the bottom of the mapping screen.
- Further information on using the map can be found at the lower right hand side of the interactive mapping screen
Please click on the image of the map below to obtain access to the online interactive mapping tool.
Please find below an Adobe Acrobat PDF file which provides street level detail on the new city. Please note that this is a big file of approximately 13mb in size.