Cork City Local Community Development Committee
Cork City Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) was established as part of the Local Government Act 2001, as amended by the Local Government Reform Act, 2014 for the purpose of bringing a more co-ordinated and joined-up approach to community development at local level.
Cork City LCDC consists of 19 members representing both the public and private sector in the city. These include local authority elected members and officials, state agencies, as well as private sector local and community development representatives.
Purpose of Cork City LCDC:
- Cork City LCDC has a primary responsibility for coordinating, planning and overseeing all social inclusion and community development with the city;
- Bring a more-joined up approach to the implementation of local and community development programmes and interventions, pursuing an integrated approach to local community based services across providers and delivery structures;
- Drive meaningful citizen and community engagement in the scoping, planning and evaluation of local and community development programmes;
- Pursue a more cost efficient administration of local and community development programmes and delivery structures, the matching of resources to priorities and better value-for-money in the management and delivery of programmes;
- Focus on learning and feedback, enhancing the links between services delivery and policy development;
- Pursue opportunities for additional funding for the area, such as exchequer, European Union, private or other sources.
The key functions of Cork City LCDC include:
- The preparation and implementation of the community element of the Cork City Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP) 2016 – 2021.
- Co-ordinating and monitoring the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP).
- Managing various funding streams, including the Community Enhancement Programme and Healthy Ireland Funding.
Administrative support for Cork City LCDC is provided by the Community and Enterprise Department of Cork City Council.
Cork City LCDC Office can be contacted on Tel: 021-4924710.