Casual Trading Privacy Notice
CASUAL TRADING (PRIVACY NOTICE)
- Purpose Your information is collected to assess your application for a casual trading license.
- Lawful Basis The legal basis for the collection of this data is provided for under the Casual trading Act 1995 as amended and all other enabling statutory powers. Therefore Article 6 (1) (c ) applies.
- Information Sharing The information you provide may be shared with the following:
- The Minister for Employment Affairs and Social protection.
- Revenue Commissioners.
- HSE Environmental Health Department
- Other relevant Directorates of Cork City Council.
- Cork City Council may, for the purpose of its functions under the legislation, request and obtain information at any time from:
- Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection – for details of social welfare payments, PPSN’s, date of birth.
- Revenue Commissioners – for details of employment and income
- From sources where you have chosen to make your information publicly available, such as social media sites
- An Garda Síochána & Criminal Assets Bureau – to prevent or detect fraud and to seek information on an individual that may be engaged in anti-social behaviour
- Health Service Executive (HSE).
- Retention Your information will be retained for the duration of the licence + 7 years. Exception being if required for litigation then the licence will be retained for the duration of any legal case until all appeals are exhausted + 7 years.
6. Your Data Protection Rights
You have the right to request access to personal data held about you, obtain confirmation as to whether data concerning you exists, be informed of the content and source of data and check its accuracy.
7. Right of Complaint to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the response you received from Cork City Council in relation to your data subject access request, then you are entitled to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner who may investigate the matter for you.
The Data Protection Commission website www.dataprotection.ie has further details and the online form to be completed if you wish to raise a concern or make a complaint.
You can contact their Office at: 01-7650100 Lo Call Number: 1800 437 737
Data Protection Commissioner
21 Fitzwilliam Square South Dublin 2
D02 RD 28
For further information in relation to Cork City Council’s Data Protection Policy & Privacy Statement, please go to https://www.corkcity.ie/en/council-services/public-info/gdpr/
If you require a paper copy of either document, please contact us on 021 4924000 or email