Primary schools are to make Cork Bee Pretty!
Cork City Council is delighted to launch the BEE PRETTY CORK CITY Pollinator themed Primary Schools Art Competition
The BEE PRETTY CORK CITY schools project is part of Cork City Council’s commitment to protecting and supporting pollinators in Cork city. This project is funded by the Dept of Heritage, Culture and the Gaeltacht through the National Biodiversity Action Plan and Cork City Council and is an action of the Cork City Heritage Plan
There are two categories for this art competition:
- Junior Cycle (Junior Infants to 1st Class) - Colour in the attached ‘Bee pretty Cork City’ colouring template.
- Senior Cycle (2nd Class to 6th Class) - create your own art work based on the theme 'BEE PRETTY CORK CITY'
The winners in each category of the Pollinator Primary School Arts competition will receive:
- A family ticket to The Everyman Pantomime “Jack and the Beanstalk” on January 2 2020
- A training session with Wild Work for their class on how to make the school more pollinator friendly, ID guides for bees and butterflies and a selection of native wildflower seeds
- The winning student and their school will be presented their prize by the Lord Mayor, Cllr John Sheehan.
All schools entrants should be sent by post to:
Niamh Twomey, Heritage Officer, Cork City Council, City Hall, Cork
For further information please contact email@example.com or tel 0214924018
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF ENTRANTS IS MONDAY 9TH OF DECEMBER