FAQs for Council Tenants
Welcome to our council tenants resource page. Below you'll find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. If you don't see what you're looking for, please visit the main housing page.
Am I In Arrears Or Am I In Credit With My Rent? What Information Is Contained In My Rents Customer Statement?
These are notes that might help to explain the Customer Statement to you.
How Do I Report a Housing Maintenance Issue?
To report a maintenance issue, do one of the following:
- Submit a digital Customer Service Request. You will be asked to register on this platform with your e-mail address. This is to ensure that your submission can be followed up on.
- Call the Customer Service Helpline on 021-4924000
- Visit this page to find more information on housing maintenance.
Can I Pay My Rent Online?
Visit this page to pay your rent online.
Please Note: If you don't know or have forgotten your Account PIN please contact Cork City Council Housing Rents Section at 021-4924000 during office hours (Monday – Friday 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.).
Can My Rent Be Reviewed? How Is It Calculated?
Find out on how Cork City Council calculates rent.
Can I Apply For a Transfer?
Tenants of Cork City Council properties may, under certain circumstances, submit a transfer application to request a move to an alternative Cork City Council property. Further details are available on the transfer information page.
I Have an Issue That Isn't covered Here. What Should I do?
- Consider submitting a Customer Service Request. You will be asked to register on this platform with your e-mail address. This is to ensure that your submission can be followed up on.
- You can view or download our Tenants Handbook below
Open this document in a new tab