Civic Amenity & Recycling
Cork City Council is responsible for this Civic Amenity Site located on the South City Link Road (opposite Black Ash Park & Ride).
Medium/Large Vans and Pick-ups will not be permitted entry to the Civic Amenity Site.
Vehicles must be 2 metres or less in height as there is a height barrier at the entrance to the Civic Amenity Site.
Commercial Waste will not be accepted at this Civic Amenity Site.
Payments by cash only.
Civic Amenity Centre Opening Hours
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: 8.00 am to 4.00 pm
Wednesdays: 11.00 a.m. to 4.00p.m.
Saturdays: 8.00a.m. to 12.45p.m.
Closed: Sundays, Public Holidays
Charges for Waste Disposal
Refuse, Clean Timber (Boxes, pallets etc. – all bolts, hinges and glass should be removed),and Green Waste (Grass, Leaves, Trees etc.) will be charged at the following rates:
- Standard bag of Refuse Waste: €5
- 1 to 4 Standard bags of Green Waste: €5
- 5 to 8 Standard bags of Green Waste: €10
- 9 + Standard bags of Green Waste: €20
- Car: €20
- People Carriers, Estate Cars, SUVs: €30
- Small Vans (maximum unladen weight 1.5 tonnes)with domestic waste: €40
- Small low-sided Single Axle Trailer attached to a car: €40
- Small low-sided Double Axle Trailer attached to a car/jeep: €70
Disposal of Mattresses / Armchairs / Sofas
- Single €15
- Double €20
- King €20
- One Seater €10
- Two Seater €20
- Three Seater €25
What you can recycle
Members of the public may dispose of the following recyclable materials for a fee of €2.00 per car load:
- Aluminium Drink Cans*
- Glass Bottles*
- Clean Plastic Bottles*
- HDPE (shampoo Bottles)*
- Food Cans*
- Cardboard (Boxes should be flattened)
- Food Waste
- Newspapers and Magazines
- Scrap Metal
- Waste Engine Oil (max. 5 litres per vehicle)
- Paints including Strippers and Thinners, max. 10 cans per vehicle (Note: empty paint cans cannot be recycled. Please dispose of same in the non-recyclable area.)
*These items should be rinsed to help deter odour and flies.
GAS Bottles and Waste cooking oil cannot be recycled here
Disposal of Electrical Goods
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) is accepted free of charge.
Batteries and Fluorescent Tubes are accepted free of charge, including all light bulbs and car batteries.
Mobile phones and chargers will be accepted as Electrical Waste (WEEE).
Satellite Dishes can also be disposed of as Electrical Waste (WEEE).
Where is your nearest bring bank?
There are a number of bring banks in Cork City, making it easy for you to recycle.
Further information is available from the Repak website or
Room 232, Environment Section, City Hall, Cork, T12 T997.
Tel: 021 4924000