Teacher Summer Course "Exploring Primary Science"
Book this course through Cork Education Support Centre.
‘Exploring Primary Science’ is a summer course for primary school teachers run by Una Leader, Education Officer, Lifetime Lab. The course will run from Wednesday 1st to Tuesday 7th July 2020 at Lifetime Lab, Old Cork Waterworks Experience, Lee Road, Cork
Building on the success of the Lifetime Lab primary science workshop program, Exploring Primary Science is very much a practical course demonstrating examples of hands on activities using everyday items that can be used in the classroom to develop science skills and concepts and encourage discovery and investigation.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Skills Development: Demonstrating science investigations that develop skills needed to work scientifically and practical activities to develop designing and making skills.
- Energy and Forces:Developing teachers’ knowledge and understanding in the areas of Sound, Heat, Magnetism, Electricity and Forces.
- Living Things/Human Life:Examining the use of the outdoor classroom develop knowledge and understanding of Living Things. Developing teachers’ knowledge and understanding of the Digestive System though a hands-on workshop.
- Materials:Modelling approaches to science investigations.
- Planning:Enabling teachers to plan their delivery of the science curriculum.
The course will run from 9.30am to 2.30pm each day.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided for morning break at 11am and tea, coffee and sandwiches for lunch at 1pm.
This course is most suited to teachers of third to sixth classes.
This course is being run by Una Leader with a guest workshop by the APC Microbiome Institute
This course is approved by the Department of Education for the purposes of the awarding EPV days to primary school teachers.
Lifetime Lab is an acredited Discover Primary Science and Maths Centre
Dates:Wednesday 1st – Tuesday 7th July 2020
Venue:Lifetime Lab, Old Cork Waterworks Experience, Lee Road, Cork
Cost: €50 (tbc by Cork Education Support Centre - paid online at www.cesc.ie
Registration:Through the Cork Education Support Centre only at www.cesc.ie.
For all enquiries regarding registration contact CESC at Tel: +353 21 4255600 Fax: +353 21 4254245 Email: email@example.com