Blackstone Bridge Rehabilitation Project
Blackstone Bridge, located approximately 5 kilometres northwest of Cork City, is a single span masonry arch humpback road bridge with 90-degree skew to its approach and exit.
- Rebuild/repair damaged sections of masonry parapets and approaches;
- Install new public lighting scheme on approaches;
- Upgrade/replace existing approach signage and road markings;
- Resurface bridge carriageway and approaches.
The objectives of the works are:
- Restore the overall structural integrity of the bridge;
- Improve road user safety through improved visibility (public lighting and approach signage) and resurfacing of bridge carriageway and approaches with upgraded road markings.
Start: Construction due to commence April 2021.
Finish: Project completed in Q3 2021.
For further information please contact Dan O'Sullivan, Senior Executive Engineer at email email@example.com