Curraheen Walk & Cycleway Upgrade Scheme
This scheme involves upgrading the existing 4.4km Curraheen Walkway and Cycleway that runs close to the Curraheen River between Curraheen Road and Carrigrohane Road via Modle Farm Road. Works include:
- Upgraded surfacing over length of walkway and cycleway;
- New public lighting;
- Enhanced signage - distance markers, pedestrian and cyclist fingerposts, establishment of Curraheen Otter Trail;
- Seating and bike repair facilities;
- Fencing repairs;
- CCTV installations;
- Upgraded pathway between the IDA Industrial Estate on Model Farm Road and the existing walkway.
- Enhanced connectivity for pedestrians and cyclists between Curraheen Road, Model Farm Road, Carrigrohane Road and beyond;
- Provision of year round off street pedestrian and cyclist access to IDA on Model Farm Road and to MTU;
- Improve amenity and recreation facilities for the public;
- Maintenance of the avenue for wildlife movement, protection of natural resources and green space buffers for public.
Start: March 2021.
Finish: November 2021.