Blarney Village Pedestrian and Cycling Infrastructure Scheme
The study area includes Blarney Village and its surrounding areas extending:
- Northwards towards Waterloo between Station Road and Waterloo Road (east and west of River Martin);
- Eastwards towards Blarney Business Park;
- Southwards towards Blarney playground.
The scheme will connect with:
- The new Riverside Park adjacent the Martin River;
- Blarney Business Park;
- Adjacent residential areas, local schools and shops.
- Enhanced connectivity for pedestrians and cyclists;
- Provision of sustainable alternative routes for commuters, school and leisure users;
- Creation of an environment that will encourage the uptake of sustainable forms of transport;
- Reduction in traffic volumes on the local road network;
- Improved quality of life for residents and businesses in the area.
Start: Consultants to be appointed to bring the scheme to Part 8 stage in Q4 2021.
Finish: Q4 2022.
Study Map Area