Severe Weather Update 20th August 2020
Update 20 August 2020 09:42 a.m.
- There is a lot of debris lying on roads across the City. Please drive with extra case and attention. Wet leaves may lead to very slippery conditions.
- Please slow down and if you come across an issue please report it to the City Council on 021 492 4000
- Due to power outages in specific locations across the City the traffic signals in some locations are not functioning.
- Please approach any signalised junction which is not functioning with extra care and obey the rules of the road.
- There are a large number of junctions without power in Bishopstown and around the CUH.
20 August 2020 (08.45 a.m.)
Overnight Cork City Council crews attended 40 emergency callouts relating to fallen trees and debris.
- No injuries have been reported
- Fallen trees at approx. 16 locations across Cork City have been removed overnight and the roads reopened
- Crews are still working on 2 more locations
- All public parks will be inspected for damage and fallen trees before being opened and as a result may open later than usual this morning
- Powerlines are down in a number of locations. Under no circumstances should a member of the public approach damaged power lines. Please ring the ESB immediately on 1850 372 999.
To report a fallen tree during Storm Ellen please call Cork City Council’s Customer Service Unit on: 021 492 4000