LEO Cork City runs Prepare Your Business for Customs workshop
The Local Enterprise Office (LEO) Cork City is running a FREE "Prepare Your Business for Customs" workshop for small businesses on Friday, 15th November 2019 from 9.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. in Cork Airport Hotel.
Importers and Exporters will need to know how to move their goods through Customs in Ireland and UK, post-Brexit. This workshop will enable participants to understand both Revenue rules in Ireland and HMRC rules in the UK. It will also cover the post-Brexit simplifications being introduced by both Authorities and how to apply for these, in addition to explaining the operational requirements necessary to move goods through Customs.
Click hereto book your FREE place.
1. Understand how to start your import / export journey
- What is Customs?
- Background / role of Revenue / HMRC
- Obtaining an Economic Operators Registration and Identification (EORI) number
- Engaging a Customs Agent / understanding Customs system
2. Additional Customs facilitations
- Deferred payment
- Comprehensive guarantee
3. Understand Customs basics
- Classification of goods
- Valuation of goods for Customs
- Rules of origin / Trade Agreements
4. Customs Duty Reliefs
- Processing (inward and outward)
- Customs warehousing
- End use / Temporary Admission
5. Customs Declarations
- Import procedures
- Import documentation
- Export procedures
- Export documentation
6. AEO / Trusted Trader
- Authorised Economic Operator (AEO)
7. Industry Specific Issues
- Particular requirements applied by Customs on behalf of other Government bodies