City Access on Parade Day
St. Patrick’s Weekend 2019 Traffic Restrictions
Black Ash Park and Ride:
- The first bus will depart Black Ash Park and Ride @ 08:36
- The last bus will depart Anglesea St (opp Crawford & Co) @ 20:30
- Drop off and pick at Anglesea St (opp Crawford & Co)
- Free parking for driver and occupants
- Normal charges apply for foot passengers
Removal of parking:
- Saturday 16th March from 07:00 to 16:00 on Sunday 17th March: Copley St at area adjacent to former Brooks Haughton Building.
- Saturday 16th March from 14:00 to 16:00 on Sunday 17th March: Copley St at area opposite the former Brooks Haughton Building, Anglesea Street, Lapps Quay, Anglesea Street adjacent St. Joachim & Ann’s Home.
- Saturday 16th March from 20:00 until 17:30 on Sunday 17th March: St. Patrick’s St, Emmet Place, Academy St, South Mall, Grand Parade, Parnell Place, Union Quay
- Sunday 17th March from 07:00 to 16:00: Copley Street, Union Quay, Stable Lane, Connell Street, Lapp’s Quay
- Sunday 17th March from 10:30 to 16:00: Parnell Bridge Southbound, Anglesea Street West Lane (filter lane from Union Quay/Parnell Bridge)
- Sunday 17th March from 11:15 to 17:30: Terence McSwiney Quay (will reopen at approx 1500hrs), Parnell Bridge, Parnell Place, South Mall, Grand Parade, St Patrick’s Street, St. Patrick’s Bridge, Castle Street, Merchants Quay, Lavitt’s Quay East (Christy Ring Bridge to Saint Patrick’s Bridge), Anderson’s Quay (Brian Boru Bridge westbound)
The following main streets will be directly affected and will be closed from 11:15:
Parliament Street, Parliament Bridge, Washington Street between South Main Street and Grand Parade, Parnell Place, Fr Matthew Quay, Morrison’s Quay, Half Moon St, Academy St, Drawbridge St, St Augustine Street, Paul Street and Oliver Plunkett Street
Lane Restrictions & Traffic Diversions:
- Commencing at 1100hrs there will be lane restrictions on both Clontarf Bridge & Eglinton Street to restrict access onto Terence McSwiney Quay
- On South Terrace/George’s Quay, traffic will be diverted via Sullivan’s Quay & French’s Quay to either Greenmount or Mardyke Street to Bachelor’s Quay.
- On Lavitt’s Quay, traffic will be diverted across Christy Ring Bridge
- There will be no public traffic access to Lapps Quay
Roads will open when safe to allow access, which could be in advance of advertised time.
Bus Éireann St. Patrick's Day diversions are listed here