The Tsar, The Rosehill's And The Music Shop
-The story of Cork's Jewish Community
A small number of the Jews who escaped persecution in Russia, made their home in Corks ‘Jewtown’; the Albert Road and Hibernian Buildings area in the south east of the city centre.
By 1939, there was almost 400 families living and working in Cork.
When the synagogue closed on the South Terrace in 2016, its custodian, the late Fred Rosehill gave a selection of its artefacts to the museum for permanent display
We are happy to share, celebrate and acknowledge the important contribution this community has made to the history of this city