This data is correct at time of going on-line but may be subject to change at short notice due to emergency works or other necessary reasons. Cork City Council Traffic Division Road Closures and Diversions.
Issue Date Friday 6th December,2013
Saturday 7th December 2013
- Possible delay:; on Togher Road from 9-30am to 6-00pm (MMD)
- The Park&Ride: from County Hall has resumed on Saturday and Sunday until Christmas, it will operate from County Hall to Liberty Street. First Bus from County Hall on Saturday at 9-30am and on Sunday at 10-30am. Last Bus from Liberty Street is at 6-15pm. The service will operate until Sunday 22nd December 2013
- The Park&Ride: from Black Ash will also operate on Sunday’s leading up to Christmas
- Liberty Street: will be closed from North Main Street on Saturday and Sunday from 9-30am to 6-30pm to facilitate the operation of the Park&Ride
- Tuckey Street: will be closed from 2-00pm to 9-00pm Saturday and Sunday to facilitate (Glow) the Cork Christmas Celebration Event
Monday 9th December 2013
- Possible delays: on Blarney Road Monday Tuesday and Wednesday for resurfacing works (Lagan)
- Possible delays:on Kinsale Road from 7-30pm to 6-00am Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights (KNN)
- Possible delays:on Merchants Quay from 10-00pm to 6-00am Monday to Friday night to facilitate road crossings (McGinty&O’Shea)
- Merchants Quay: will be closed eastbound from St Patricks Bridge from 10-30pm to 6-00am Monday to Friday (McGinty&O’Shea)
Tuesday 10th December 2013
- Kyle Street: will be closed from 7-30pm to 11-00pm for Gas Works (BBCLG)
Wednesday 11th December 2013
- Possible delays: on Blackrock Road from 7-30pm to11-00pm for Gas Works (BBCLG)
Friday 6th December 2013
- Tuckey Street: will be closed from 2-00pm to 9-00pm to facilitate (Glow) the Cork Christmas Celebration Event
Cork Agglomeration - Strategic Noise Mapping
Please see -
New lower speed limit of 30 kph
The Cork City Road Traffic (Special Speed Limits at Specified Schools) Bye Laws 2011 introduce a new lower speed limit of 30 kph on the approaches to the following schools:
- Sunday’s Well Boys Primary School , Blarney Road.
- Scoil Barra Naofa Boys and Girls Primary Schools, Beaumont.
- St Brendan’s and St Mark’s Primary Schools, The Glen.
- North Monastery Secondary School.
- Coláiste an Spioraid Naoimh, Bishopstown.
- Nagle Community College, Mahon.
The Bye-laws will come into effect on Wednesday 22nd February. Motorists are asked to observe the lower speed limits in these areas.
Please see for relevant Cork City Bye-laws -
Cork City Speed Bye-laws 2011
Cork City Road Traffic Special Speed Limit at Specific Schools Bye-laws 2011
Cork City Council thanks you for your co-operation and apologise for the disruption that may be caused by these works. If you wish to receive this notice via e-mail please mail email@example.com