Terms, Delivery and Conditions:
- An annual dog licence lasts for 12 months from the date of issue. No part of the licence fee is refundable, even if the licensee is not in possession of the dog for all of that period
- A lifetime dog licence lasts for the full duration of the licensed dog’s life, however long or short that might be. No part of the licence fee is refundable
- Dog licences are non-transferable, and are specific as to place and person
- If for some reason a licence is purchased where no licence is required, application for cancellation and refund should be made in writing to The Senior Staff Officer, Cork City Council, Environment and Recreation Directorate, Recreation, Amenity and Sport Section, City Hall, Cork, or by email to email@example.com, stating the reasons. Cork City Council will issue a decision on the appeal within 28 days from date of application. If the licensee wishes to appeal the decision that issues the matter is governed by Cork City Council appeals policy
- Purchased licences will be delivered in pdf format to the email address entered by the purchaser. If there is any fault in delivery of the licence or error in the information input by the purchaser the purchaser may contact the issuing office at 021 4924731 or 021 4924333, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and the fault or error will be put right insofar as it is within the power of Cork City Council to do so.
When you indicate your acceptance of these terms and conditions you confirm the following:
a) That you are over the age of sixteen years, and
b) That you are not currently disqualified from keeping a dog under S. 18 of The Protection of Animals (Amendment) Act 1965.
The licence you are purchasing is issued in accordance with the terms of the Control of Dogs Act 1986 as amended by all and any subsequent statutory enactments or instruments applicable, including:
- the Control of Dogs (Restriction of Certain Dogs) Regulations, 1991
- the Control of Dogs Regulations, 1987; the Control of Dogs Act, 1986 (Guard Dogs) Regulations, 1988
- the Control of Dogs Act, 1986 (Guard Dogs) (Amendment) Regulations, 1989
- the Control of Dogs (Restriction of Certain Dogs) (Amendment) Regulations, 1991
- the Control of Dogs (Restriction of Certain Dogs) (Amendment) Regulations, 1996
- the Control of Dogs Regulations, 1998
- the Control of Dogs (Amendment) Regulations, 2011
- Control of Dogs (Amendment) Regulations, 2013
- the Dog Breeding Establishments Act 2010.