Cork City Council. Cork City Local Authority

Cork City Council
Environment Department

Fón/Telephone: 021 – 4924396 / 4924146 Faics/Facsimile: 021 – 4924054 / 4279832 Líonra/Website: www.corkcity.ie 89/90 R-Phost/E-Mail: environment@corkcity.ie .Norwich Union Building, 3rd Floor, South Mall, Cork.

February, 2005

Collection of Your Household Dry Recyclables

Cork City Council has introduced a service for the recycling of household dry recyclables. These are collected from households once a fortnight on the same day, but not necessarily at the same time, as the normal refuse collection.

Households whose domestic refuse accounts are in order have been provided with clear plastic bags into which the following may be placed:

The bags should be presented for collection every second week (by 7.15 a.m. on the morning of collection) and placed beside the wheel bin.

This service is being rolled out on a phased basis and currently includes 75% the city. The remaining 25% will be included in the final phase which is due to commence in early April 2005. Householders will receive information packs and recycling bags prior to their first collection.

This is a worthwhile service that will aid Cork City Council in achieving its targets for recycling. The dry recyclables collection scheme has proved a success to date. Householders are thanked for their support and households who will be included in the final phase are encouraged to participate in the scheme and to support Cork City Council’s initiative towards a cleaner, less wasteful environment.

For further information on this service, please contact the Environment Section at:

Tel.: 021 – 4924396 / 4924146 Fax.: 021 – 4924054 / 4279832 E-mail: environment@corkcity.ie

Denis O’ Mahony, Director of Services, Environment.