Designated Public Officials
Designated Public Officials of Cork City Council
The Designated Public Officials of Cork City Council include the Elected Members (Councillors) and Cork City Council's Senior Management Team (Chief Executive and Directors of Services).
Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015
The Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015 comes into effect on 1 September 2015. It provides that certain people who are carrying on lobbying activities must register with the Standards in Public Office Commission and must provide information about their lobbying activities.
The Register of Lobbying will be maintained by the Standards in Public Office Commission and will be publicly accessible at www.lobbying.ie
The Register of Lobbying will include information about:
- Who is lobbying?
- On whose behalf is lobbying being carried out?
- The issues involved in the lobbying
- What is the intended result of the lobbying?
- Who is being lobbied?
Designated Public Officials:
The person being lobbied is a designated public official.
- Ministers and Ministers of State
- TDs and Senators
- MEPs for constituencies in this State
- Members of local authorities
- Special Advisers
- Secretaries General and Assistant Secretaries in the Civil Service
- Chief Executive Officers and Directors of Services in Local Authorities
More information on the Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015 can be found at www.lobbying.ie