Oíche Chultúir As Gaeilge - Culture Night Cork City 2016 Irish Language Events
Organised by the Arts Office in Cork City Council, Culture Night Cork City is taking place this year on September 16 and will see a host of music, theatre, film, visual arts, exhibitions and guided tours all take place for free. Culture Night Cork City will involve over 100 venues in Cork and over 200 free events will take place on the night.
- Gael-Taca will present an evening of theatre as gaeilge as Graffiti Theatre perform Jackie a play suitable for young children and Aisteoirí Chúil Aodha stage a production of Is Fada Anocht from the pen of Críostóir O’ Fhloinn.
- At Outlaw Studios in the Marina, Dowtcha Puppets are hosting a special Puppets Conversation and Puppets Picnic as gaeilge.
- Historian Pól Mac Coitir and a variety of storytellers will tell stories in Irish and show films of old Cork City characters in the Clarion Hotel.
- Re Rá will host a fun evening where everybody has the opportunity to speak Irish and enjoy Irish music, songs and much more at Cork County Cricket Club.
- Learn about the streets of Cork on a guided Irish language historical tour with Mícheál Ó Laoghaire.
- Triúr Seán - Peadar Ó’ Riada, Sean O’ Riada’s son will give a lecture about his father in Cork City Library while Liam Heffernan will read poetry by Sean Úi Ríordáin and Sean Uí Tuama.
- Explore astronomy heritage in Irish in a special planetarium pop up by Blackrock Castle Observatory in the foyer of Millennium Hall (Cork Hall)
- Meet and sing traditional Irish songs with the Cork Singers Club at An Spailpín Fánach
For information on the full list and times of Irish language events please click on the link below:
http://culturenightcork.ie/whats-on/oiche-chultuir or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to list