Part 8–Planning Notice
Skehard Road Realignment and Renewal Project (From the Parkhill Junction to the Bessboro Road Junction)
Cork City Council proposes to realign and renew Skehard Road between it’s junctions with Parkhill and Bessboro Road. The project aims to improve the route in general and create a safe environment for all modes of transportation (pedestrian, cyclist, bus and other vehicles).
The project consists of the following measures:-
- The repaving of the roadway and footways.
- New ducting, pipes and drainage works.
- The replacement of public lighting columns and lanterns.
- The provision of an outbound bus lane including new bus shelters, passenger information signs etc.
- The provision of an inbound cycle lane.
- The provision of new turning lanes.
- The provision of new traffic signals and controllers.
- The provision of parking where feasible.
- The provision of hard and soft landscaping.
- The acquisition of a strip of land at Pinecourt.
- The provision of new boundary treatments where required
Particulars of the proposals will be available for inspection at:-
Reception Desk, City Hall, Anglesea St, Cork from Friday 10th of April 2015 until Friday the 22nd of May 2015, between the hours of 9:00am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Submissions and observations dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development is situated, may be made in writing to the Roads Design & Construction Division, Room 331, City Hall, Cork. The submission must be made on or before 5.00pm on Friday the 5th June 2015. It should be in an envelope, clearly marked “Skehard Road Realignment & Renewal Project”.