The Crawford Observatory
|Address:||University College Cork|
The Crawford Observatory (1880) is a 19th-century astronomical observatory which contains original scientific instruments and interior features. The building, with its ecclesiastical style and Gothic features, is relatively small and was designed and outfitted by the Irish firm of Grubb, who were world leaders in this field at that time, supplying observatories and astronomical equipment all over the world. The observatory contains three telescopes, including a 12ft long Equatorial telescope, which are amongst the finest examples of the astronomical technology of their day to be found anywhere in Ireland.