Information in Alternative Formats
Information leaflet for Customers
Section 28 of the Disability Act 2005 requires public bodies, as far as practicable, to communicate in ways that ensure accessibility for all.
Cork City Council has now put arrangements in place to ensure adherence to the legislation and to be more accessible to all our customers.
Accessible Formats Available
- Accessible format such as accessible HTML and other electronic formats such as Plain Text
- Large Print Version in English
- Easy-to-Read version
- Plain English
- Audio version in English
- Sign Language Interpreters will be provided where necessary and where requested in advance
- Other alternative formats as may be requested
Each request will be dealt with on an individual basis and the level of availability will be appropriate to the document requested.
Making a Request for Information in an Alternative Format
- In writing, By completing the Request for Documentation in Alternative Format form available at any public counter and our website or a letter posted directly to the Access Officer, Corporate Affairs, City Hall, Cork.
- Requests must be signed and dated by the person making the request where possible.
- In person, ask for assistance
- By emailing the Access Officer directly email@example.com
- By phone 021-4924037. Ask for Noreen Mulcahy, Access Officer
- Cork City Council website http://www.corkcity.ie
Please include the following details when requesting information:
- Your name, address and contact details
- The information or documents you would like to access
- Time frame in which information is required and reason for any specific deadlines
- The way you would wish the information to be sent to you (for example, as hard copy, via e-mail or on a computer disk)
- If your request is for a sign-language interpreter please specify full details of event/meeting
If you have difficulty in identifying the precise information you require, or are unable to make the application in writing, please contact the Access Officer on 021-4924037.
Receipt of Requests
- All requests received by staff members will be forwarded by internal post to the Access Officer, Corporate Affairs Department, City Hall, Cork.
- All requests will be acknowledged within 7 working days of receipt of same and will be dealt with within 21 working days of receipt of same.
- Where a delay in providing information exists, the person making the request will be made aware of a date in which they can expect to receive the information.
- Where necessary, reasons for not being able to provide information requested will be explained fully in writing to the person making the request.
Any queries regarding this procedure should be forwarded to Noreen Mulcahy at 021-4924037 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Request for Documentation in Alternative Formats